Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 3: New Year!

So again, lets pretend today is Wednesday January 1st, 2014.
Hellllo!!!
Happy New Year! Literally everything but the restaurants are closed today. Due to the closings, we were not allowed to volunteer anywhere. Instead, we went to the beach in Monte Rico!!!
It took 2 1/2 hours to get to there, but it was worth it! Monte Rico is a black sand beach which was really cool to see. But black sand means that it is also 10000000 times hotter and almost impossible to walk on barefoot without searing off some skin. In order to make it to the Pacific Ocean to swim around, I had to SPRINT hahaha. I was a little scared swimming in the ocean because the current was really strong and I swear to you, I thought I was going to drown. But, here I am; alive and well. Today was a nice treat and an amazing way to start off the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment